PRO-Parents provides training to parents of children with disabilities to prepare them to
make decisions about their child's education:
Regional Education Coordinators conduct free
workshops around the state on several topics:
- Parents' rights and responsibilities under the law: An overview of the special education
- How to participate successfully in designing the Individualized Education Program (IEP) for
- What does “inclusion” really mean? What constitutes the “least restrictive environment”?
- How to advocate effectively and work collaboratively with professionals.
- The laws: What are they and how do they differ? How do they protect my child with special
- Transition: What help can I expect as my child prepares to leave school?
- Attention Deficit Disorder: Effective educational intervention.
- Ask for written information about education issues; disabling conditions and
needs; local and national support groups; all from PRO-Parents' comprehensive resource library.
- Newsletter - published four times each year.
- Presentation - which describe the organization and its service.
Copyright © 2012 PRO-Parents. All rights reserved.